Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Changes All Around Us

I'm amazed how much the Latin scene has grown in Sydney. Only a few years ago, it didn't take long to get into La Cita but last Saturday when we were leaving at around 1am, there was a crowded queue at least 10 metres long!

Another thing I noticed was the generation gap between us (the mid-20s) and the young 18-20 year olds by the fashion.

Amelia (aka The First March Girl), a friend of ours and I were all dressed in jeans and dressy tops (the common trend of many of our female peers on a cold autumn night). Whereas the majority of young girls were wearing barely there dresses (which as a rule could not be longer than where the legs started) and variations of the shoes made famous by Carrie in Sex and the City movie.



My brother brought a few of his friends to assist with my feeble attempt to introduce my friends to nice single guys. At least it was better than not meeting anyone at all or dancing with odd strangers. And a salsa club is just no fun without a dancing partner.

Dan and I danced as much as our sleep-deprived parent selves could. His parents were kind enough to take Caitlyn for the night and let us enjoy being young. (We never take these opportunities for granted.) It is unbelievable how much a night out without the baby can do to our moods. It's the energiser all parents need.

2 comments:

The First March Girl said...

To be honest, I don't think it's so much the generation gap, cos even when we were 18-20, we still dressed like that!

And I know ppl our age who wear short short dresses too.

Zoe said...

That's what I meant, we still dress like the trend that was popular when we were 18-20.

And I guess there are always people who dress in current trends, no matter what age.