Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The vintage wonders of Etsy!

Hi girls, as I mentioned to you at Rosehill races a couple of weeks ago, I picked up my vintage butterfly net fascinator from a website called Etsy!

The site has received a lot of publicity lately, it's predominantly a platform for people to sell their handmade goods (clothing, jewellery, papercraft, everything!). But there are tons of quality vintage items.

In fact with the $AUD appreciating recently, I bit the bullet and bought a vintage 1950's gold and blue brocade hat that I've been eyeing for $24 including shipping from the US. It might look a bit weird, but I think I can make it work - brick red lipstick and stockings will be compulsory :)





Please reassure me it's not hideous! It's virtually impossible to find a quality milliner-made hat for under $300 in Australia so I think it's an okay deal.

3 comments:

The First March Girl said...

It's not hideous. I think it depends on what you wear it with, makes me think of My Fair Lady for some reason!

Zoe said...

For $24, even to wear it once would be fine.

You could definitely wear it to the races or even for a quirky 1940s winter look :)

Amanda said...

I'm glad you don't think it's hideous! Sometimes I have a bad radar for that kind of thing. Yes I bought it thinking it's the perfect winter racing hat :)