Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dreaming of Good Sleep

No one can ever possibly appreciate to a full extent an uninterrupted 8 hours of solid deep sleep and a slow awakening until they have a baby.

Sure you've probably had several nights in a row of little or no sleep but you always managed to have a restful long sleep to make up for it. Right?

With a small baby, the concept of good sleep is almost impossible. Sure it got better once Caitlyn stopped needing the night-time feed. However, that didn't stop her from waking me for other reasons, even if it was to give me a huge squealing grin. Yep, at 3am in the morning.

The best thing we did was hire a bassinet to put near our bed (as our room is too small to fit her cot). I don't actually have to get out of bed anymore to give her my full attention. Next week this bassinet has to be returned. I don't know what I will do, maybe squeeze a fold-out bed next to her cot?

I was hoping she'd be able to not wake in the middle of the night by this stage (as she has done on several occasions) but I'm not counting on it.

My mind has suffered, especially my memory. Only a few weeks ago, I was telling Dan how I thought my grandma losing her memory because she was telling me the same stories over and over again, to which Dan replied, "You already told me that."

2 comments:

The First March Girl said...

There there, you've always had a bad memory :P

Zoe said...

But now I can blame it on lack of sleep :P