Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some Thoughts on Shark Hotel

Hello readers (and I suspect there's only two of you at the moment lol), 

It appears it's been awhile since I've written in here. So what have I been up to, you ask?

Since I've been back at work I've had the chance to meet up with friends for the traditional after work dinner/drinks. Last week a group of us went to Shark Hotel (corner of Pitt and Liverpool St.). It advertised $2 steaks. I was immediately suspicious. 

One of my braver friends tried it, cos she just couldn't pass up a $2 steak. However the catch was you had to order a drink and the steak didn't come with anything else. She ended up ordering a salad as well which cost more than the drink and steak combined lol. She assured us the steak was fine and she didn't end up getting food poisioning (as she has been prone to in the past) so I guess it can't have been too bad.

I tried the chicken schnitzel which cost the princely sum of $6.95. I attempted to also get a cocktail but was told they didn't make cocktails during the busy period. For shame. So much for the toblerone cocktail I had imagined drinking.

My meal was ready by the time I had walked back to my seat which was suspiciously fast. It tasted alright, I have a feeling it was just heated up though. 

The guys (and one of the girls) went for the cheap beer, but cheap or not, I'm just not a fan of beer. Maybe I haven't found the right one yet? Next stop: Bavarian Bier Cafe.

Oh and as for the atmosphere, I was pleased we could hear each other talking without shouting, I'm told it's a different situation on a Saturday night, but we went on a Wednesday so it was all good :)

Not sure if I'd recommend it as a regular hang out or anything, but if it's a quick and cheap meal you're after, then it does the job :) Just make sure you're not in the mood for cocktails!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hahaha remind me never to eat there. I've only been there twice... for some reason both times were for ethnic dance nights (Asian clubbers night and Indian bhangra night!). The things we do for cheap drinks...