Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Better Off Without Soul

Never ever ever sign up with Soul. Dan and I made that mistake last year when we signed up for their internet plan which was the most valuable to us at the time.

It has been going quite well, with occasional disconnection problems. For $29.95 unlimited downloads, it suited us.

Then we were notified that our plan was no longer available and we had to transfer. I will not go into detail (because it just angers me) how many times we called to their customer support to only be met with "We are currently experiencing a large amount of calls and are unable to assist you. Please call another time". Then being hung up on. A few times that we did manage to get through, the most annoying woman (I suspect she was the only customer service operator) kept transferring us to other departments who never picked up.

After a while we decided to order the new plan online. We ended up ordering the TPG plan. A few days later, TPG contacted us saying that we still had Soul internet codes on our line (preventing them from connecting us). I had to call Soul to ask them to remove the codes. Amazingly I got through to some guy who told me it would be done within three days. Three days passed and nothing.

I tried calling again. After waiting for an hour on the phone, I was furious. I ended up calling TPG and asking whether they could do this from their side. They said the could and we should have our new internet on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations if you managed to read through my rant. Moral of the story: DO NOT GET SOUL INTERNET!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sorry I haven't posted recently but may I say I love the layout & I have heard similar horror stories about Soul!