Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Mother's Day



This year was the first year that I was a mother on Mother's Day. Although Amanda found that quite funny last Saturday, it really wasn't that different for me. As long as you have a mother you still have to do stuff; and now that I'm married there are two mothers to please.

Also, since my child was too young to do anything for me (can't wait to get a picture or some other work of craft), Dan gave me some flowers and a card on her behalf.

Even though we all know that we should appreciate our mothers every day, since most of us don't, it's nice to have a day to remind us.

Speaking of mothers, I recently got into watching Jon & Kate plus Eight about a young couple who have twins and sextuplets. Every time I think looking after one baby is hard enough, I remind myself of her. I bet she thought having twins was tough.

I guess it makes it all worth it when these babies start talking and expressing their own personalities. That's when the real fun begins.

No comments: