Saturday, May 16, 2009

That Time of the Year

Eurovision is on once again and every night of this weekend I will be glued to the TV.

Every year there seems to be more and more countries participating. I don't remember if we even had two semi-finals last year (Amanda, the other Eurovision fan, might remember).

This year, Dan and I watched it together and Eurovision is never fun without throwing jeering comments at all the contestants. Here are some highlights.

Czech Republic

Dan was very disappointed this SuperGypsy (or Hitler in a cape as I see him) didn't get through.

Belarus

I was very disappointed this guy didn't get through. Isn't he the epitome of Eurovision - the hair, the white suit, the shoes and a very seducing song - what more could you ask for?

Armenia

Dan really liked this act but their look totally freaked me out.

Turkey

Catchy tune and a Turkish Shakira. No one was surprised this act got through to the final.

Romania

The best looking girl group always has a place in the finals. Is it me or does the lead singer look like Holly Valance?

Macedonia


An amazing thing happened. When they replayed all the acts of the show, I could not remember seeing this act.

Bosnia and Herzogovina

Dan named this pose "The Revolution". Very disappointed they got through to the finals.

Portugal

Our favourite. I wouldn't mind listening to this song over and over.

Looking forward to tonight's semi-finals.

Note: All photos sourced from http://www.monstersandcritics.com.

No comments: