Sunday, March 29, 2009

Flirt Cosmetics Sale Alert

Local Target stores are discontinuing Flirt Cosmetics, an American makeup line that produces budget equivalents to MAC professional products, as well as the American Beauty line - a low-end alternative to Estee Lauder.

Flirt's range of colour cosmetics receives rave reviews over at Makeup Alley so I thought it would be worth checking out with the 50% off and additional buy one get one free promotion. I'm glad I did!


I left with four eyeshadows (original RRP $20 each), two blushes (RRP $24 a piece), a lipstick (RRP $20), three lipglosses (RRP $20), two luminisers (RRP $30) and two eyeliners (RRP $20). So it was $308 worth of stuff for less than $80. Did I need $80 worth of makeup? Probably not, but the savings were top-notch. And after this haul I probably never need to buy makeup ever again!

The eyeshadows, lipsticks and eyeliners are the standouts, in my opinion. The texture of the eyeshadows are soft and they are ultra pigmented - just like MAC's! I hear they are made in the same factory. The lipstick I got - #20 Cool, which is a super fun Barbie pink - is moisturising and long-lasting. And the eyeliners are soft-textured with great colour payoff!


Eyeshadows clockwise from top left: Vibrant Violet (vibrant mid blue-toned purple), Candy Hearts (pearlised pastel grey lilac), Glamourazzi (mid-tone purple with copper reflects), Bo Peep (matte cream with sparkles).

Top: American Beauty All-Over Glow in Pink Glow, Middle L-R: Flirt Lipgloss in Mighty Aphrodite, Flirt Lipstick in Cool, Bottom: 2x American Beauty Fabulous Feel Liquid Lipcolor in Pink Pearl.

Flirt Eyeliner Swatches L-R: Pool Party (pale blue), Sugar Pie (white).


If you're in need of some new makeup then I definitely suggest you check the range out. Just don't overdo it with the frenzied basket filling (...like me).

It's only stocked at selected Targets unfortunately, and for some reason not all are running the promotion! I can vouch that 50% off + BOGOF is definitely at Parramatta and Merrylands in Sydney, however. Bondi and Burwood are only doing 50% off. Happy shopping!

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow, that is A LOT of makeup!

Amanda said...

Sadly... for me it's not :( I was seriously considering buying the whole range of eyeshadows. They are THAT good!