Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby Vaccinations

Today I took Caitlyn to the doctor for her 4 months vaccinations.

I never thought much about vaccinations, other than they have to be done.

A while ago, I was talking to a few of Dan's relatives and vaccinations were brought to me in a very controversial light. I never realised all the fuss surrounding them.

As soon as I got home, I did what any other modern parent would do. I googled.

I found that there were some studies that apparently showed horrible side effects. However, these studies were apparenly not conclusive. After reading many articles, I have come to realise that the possible effects of vaccinations do not even closely outweigh the benefits of being immunised against the diseases.

2 comments:

The First March Girl said...

What are some of the side effects?

Zoe said...

They say autism but it turns out it's actually diagnosed around the time of the MMR vaccinations. This does not mean the two are linked.